ogan and Rachel Bax lead an exciting Youth Ministry in the North Shore Church under the banner of [email protected] First.
Our vision for our Youth Ministries is to equip and train young adults to be among the leaders in the harvest and to help foster a true hunger for a deeper and more meaningful relationship with the Lord.
We plan to do this through:
- activities focussing on development of spiritual growth such as discovery and study of God's Word; group and public speaking opportunities - sharing testimonies or declaring the Word of God; open prayer and intercession with faith - believing for God to change outcomes and bring healing in people's lives; group discussion and interaction; drama, worship and youth band; nurturing of abilities, character, the presence, work and fruit of the Holy Spirit and spiritual gifts, outdoor challenges, inspirational guest speakers and real life outreaches into the community.
- demonstrating that to be a leader, requires an attitude of servanthood beginning in the home, in the church and flowing out into the schools, the workplace and the wider community.
- training our YOUTH to become aware of and to participate in assisting with needs: within our own Church body – for example: property care, babysitting, meal distribution, simple companionship plus...
- of the Church itself – for example: hall setup, assisting with creche, assisting and teaching in the children's church, communion preparation, distribution and cleanup, operation of equipment during worship services such as data projector, cameras, and sound desk etc., welcoming and integrating newcomers.
- becoming part of the great commission by hearing from, meeting face to face and supporting real missionaries who sacrifice the comforts of home to bring the Gospel to unreached people groups; and by sowing into outreaches beyond our shores in practical ways.
[email protected] First are encouraged to “prefer one another in love” as they develop and strengthen their personal friendships within the group and their peers.
They are encouraged to pursue their relationship with Jesus, as first priority and that serving and seeking him will lead them towards greater strengths and skills for their adult future and for marriage than the pursuit of dating opportunities.
They are encouraged to be world changers as they stand firm in the face of peer pressure, and as they choose the narrow way, influencing, rather than being influenced by the culture of the world around them.