he church needs to step up in her response to this need for extraordinary prayer which goes beyond the normal expectations of the past. Queen Esther’s extraordinary prayer brought about extraordinary deliverance for her whole nation. Ezra did not presume God’s protection for the perilous journey and task of leading the exiles back from Babylon to Jerusalem. Ezra called for the people to humble themselves and pray and fast over the journey. God heard their prayers and gave them safe passage to their destination.
Charles Spurgeon in London challenged his church to extraordinary prayer if they wanted to see God’s hand at work in salvation in their city.
Genuine moves of the Holy Spirit that have resulted in true revivals have come as a result of Christians gathering for extraordinary prayer for God to move in their land and lives.
Our prayer meetings include
- Pre-Service Prayer Meeting, every Sunday from 9:30am.
- Powerhouse Prayer Meeting, every Monday 1-3pm (except Public Holidays). Please contact the church office on 442 2530 or by email: [email protected] for details.
- Evangelism Intercessors, fortnightly in Albany.
- Prayer For Israel, three meetings a month in Henderson & Silverdale.
- Sunday Night Prayer Meeting, last Sunday of every month, 6:30pm. Please contact the church office on 442 2530 or by email: [email protected] for details.
- Prayer Link, contact Sue Whitcombe at [email protected] for requests, praise reports & to join the prayer team.