In the beginning
Who we are
And now today
At the heart
What to expect when you visit
- a warm welcome.
- sincere love and holy reverence for God.
- worship that is sincere, vibrant and expressive.
- a people who are seeking to place Jesus first in all that we are and in all that we do.
- preaching that is Christ-centred, that holds God’s Word as full and final authority, that releases faith in Jesus, which demands discipleship and which brings transformation in those who respond to God’s Word.
- a powerful programme for children that runs concurrently with our morning service.
- people who are interested in your journey, who will listen to you and who will pray with you if that is your need.
Babies, Children and Youth
We have Children’s Church and Youth programmes that run concurrently with our morning service. The Children’s Church programme runs each week (excluding School Holidays) and the Youth programme runs fortnightly. Little Lambs: 0 to 3 years Bright Sparks & Ignite: 4 to 11 years Youth@JesusFirst: 12 years plus.
We cherish children and believe that they are as impacted by the Word of God as their parents. Children are welcome to remain with their parents after worship and communion and sit under the preaching of the Word of God. We have made colouring equipment and other activities available to help keep them occupied. Should they have difficulty settling, we also have toys and activities available upstairs in the Staffroom.
Dress Code, Tea/Coffee/Fellowship
- We don’t have a “dress code” as such but “tidy casual” would best describe the way most people dress to come to meet the Lord and to fellowship with His people.
- Make sure that you plan to stay and have fellowship with us after the morning service. We would love to get to know you, to answer any questions you may have and to encourage you in God.
WE BELIEVE IN….
WE ARE COMMITTED TO….
The North Shore Church is lead by a team of Elders and Deacons supported by ministry leaders in various areas. Our full and part-time staff are:
Peter & Sue Whitcombe
Peter and Sue are the founding leaders of Jesus First, planting Jesus First, North Shore in 2005.
Peter has a clear gift of preaching and teaching. He is part of the Eldership Team and also on the Board of Celebrate Messiah New Zealand.
Sue has a very warm and genuine shepherd’s heart and a powerful preaching ministry that communicates sincere exhortation & encouragement.
David & Liz
David & Liz Otway have been serving with us in a full-time capacity since 2008. In 2011 they planted a Jesus First Church in Tauranga which they lead through until 2016 when God called them back to Auckland.
David ministers out of a powerful pastoral gift as well as an anointing to preach and teach God’s Word. He is inspired also in evangelism and they both have a heart for children and youth.